Friday, September 11, 2015

Crystal Tufted Headboard

I've told you all sorts of things about my Mom already but let me tell you some more. She really likes things to sparkle. There no such thing as understated. If she's going to wear earrings she's going to wear some that make a statement so her furniture is no different. She wanted a headboard and she wanted it to sparkle.

This was a new one for me, rather than work from something old we built it from scratch starting with some plywood that we cut to size.

Then drilled holes to be used later.

2 inch foam gets added


and then staples down.

Now we're ready for the fun part. Tufting, white faux leather and some sparkle.

The border is added next

And then lastly a little extra sparkle, because according to my Mother if you can add more then you should. And in this case she was definitely right.

It's perfect, exactly what she wanted.

A close up

And then once Mom took it home she put some legs on so it could be attached to a bedframe.


Pin It

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! What an amazing job you did on this and it came out
Spark-taular! Aka "Sparkly + Spectacular!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! What an amazing job you did on this and it came out
Spark-taular! Aka "Sparkly + Spectacular!