Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sweater to Sweater Dress

Ages ago while I was in the thrift store I picked up an off white sweater that I had intended to turn into a sweater dress for Catie.  I shoved it in a drawer and sort of forgot about it until Thursday when I read this sweater to sweater dress post from Make It and Love It.  I was re-inspired and immediately got to work.

It's the perfect season for a cuddly long sleeve dress and it ended up being a quick job that turned out even better than I had anticipated.

It looked like this the first time around but the neck was kind of gapey and it was also pretty boring.  I added some elastic to the neck and some silk flowers to the front. It was also pretty see through so I made her a quick slip (I won't show it to you because it's functional but not very pretty).




She loves it and looks so cute in it.  I'll admit that I'm more than a little proud to exclaim, "I made it!" when any one even sort of comments on it.
 


Linking To Monday - C.R.A.F.T., Making The World Cuter, Polly Want a Crafter, Simpsonized Crafts, Sugar Bee Crafts, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, The Girl Creative   Tuesday - All Things Related, Creative Itch, Domestically Speaking, It's Sew for YouLadybug BlessingsSassy Sites, Today's Creative Blog, This & That, Topsy Turvy    Wednesday - Blue Cricket Design, Me and My Bucket   Thursday - A Glimpse Inside House of Hepworth, It's Sew Stinkin Cute, Lemon Tree Creations Somewhat Simple, The Train to Crazy, What Allie's Making Now   Friday - Creation Corner, Finding Fabulous, Tatertots & Jello, The CrEaTiVe CraTe

6 comments:

SymbioticLife said...

That's totally fabulous! I have two girls and you've inspired me. I've got to see what I can find in the local thrift stores for just this project. Woohoo!

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh, we were doing the same project at the same time, ha ha! Check out my blog soon :)

Amanda said...

oh my goodness....SO CUTE!! I LOVE things like this! Maybe I'll be brave enough to try doing something like this for my own daughters one day...so creative!

Heather {A Mom Without Facebook} said...

I'm kinda obsessed with sweater dresses on my daughter! lol! She had so many last year! This is adorable. Found you on tatertots linky! xo

♥, Heather

{A Mom Without Facebook}

Bless by Tone said...

such a cute dress, way to go

The LadyBugs Garden said...

I love these sweater dresses for sweaters. his such a great idea. I am a new follower..follow me back. Stephanie

http://theladybugsgarden-stephanie.blogspot.com/