Monday, May 23, 2011

Quilled S

It's been a while since I've done any quilling so I was excited when my friend asked if I would make her an S.  I found a frame at Value Village that was perfect and after coiling and mod podging I came up with this.

This was actually attempt number two, attempt number one was not nice.  I thought that the pretty orange paper would show through the frosted part on the glass but I was obviously wrong.  Instead it ended up looking really boring and sloppy.
Sadly I couldn't change the framing without starting from scratch.  To fix the frosted glass problem I did something different with this letter.  I printed out my letter like usual and then I carefully cut it out and glued it directly onto my paper.


I outlined in a nice brown paper and then filled it in.  I'm super pleased with attempt number two, here's one last close up.

You can see my other Quilled Monograms here and there should be a second S later this week.
 

Linking To Monday - C.R.A.F.T., Making The World Cuter, Polly Want a Crafter, Simpsonized Crafts, Sugar Bee Crafts, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, The Girl Creative   Tuesday - All Things Related, Creative Itch, Domestically Speaking, It's Sew for YouLadybug BlessingsSassy Sites, Today's Creative Blog, This & That, Topsy Turvy    Wednesday - Blue Cricket Design, Me and My Bucket   Thursday - A Glimpse Inside House of Hepworth, It's Sew Stinkin Cute, Somewhat Simple, The Train to Crazy, What Allie's Making Now   Friday - Creation Corner, Finding Fabulous, Tatertots & Jello, The CrEaTiVe CraTe

6 comments:

AsylumTanya said...

This monogram is lovely! I have been meaning to try out this art form. I guess I'd better get to it! Thanks for the inspiration!

JaCobi said...

LOVE IT!! I can't wait to see it for reals! Thanks Laura!

DIYbyDesign said...

I absolutely love it. My daughter's name starts with the letter S. Thanks for sharing at my Swing into Spring party.

bioku said...

like
argun-s1.blogspot.com

Melanie Bacom said...

This is something that I want to try someday. I have put this on my http://pinterest.com/msbacom/pins/ page.

Anonymous said...

I love this. I'm a huge typography fan, so I'd love to do this with some really funky typefaces. I've seen this before (and think I may actually have dabbled in it randomly during my childhood), but never knew what it was called. What paper do you recommend?