Thursday, February 28, 2008

On Single Life

So I read a similar blog post recently that made me consider my own time as a single adult. Here are the facts I came up with.

From the time I moved to Calgary until June of 2007

I’ve had 23 roommates,
24 if you include Brad
I’ve lived in 4 different houses
In 5 different wards in 2 different stakes

23 roommates is pretty impressive I think, so I thought I’d come up with a few lessons learned from them.

  • “Can I talk to you about something?” never has a good ending
  • If your roommate is engaged when she moves in don’t expect to see her... ever
  • 2 fridges make kitchen life so much more pleasant
  • If something breaks, no one will fix it
  • The garbage will be ignored for as long as possible until the person with the least willpower finally gives in and takes it out.
  • Don’t let roommates leave unwanted items behind... someone is eventually responsible for them and it will probably be you.

And the most important lesson,
Brad is easily the best roommate I’ve ever had. I think I’ll hold on to him.
L

0 comments: